- Who can make use of gfgcd library?
Ans : Anyone who have admitted to this college, irrespective of course, and combination, and all faculty permanent & guest.
- What are the documents needed for library membership?
Ans: Aadhar card Xerox/ Ration card/ Voter Identity with Photo/ Bank Passbook any one of these. Plus admission challen of the college in case of students, HOD consent letter for lecturers.
- How many books can be issued per user?
Ans: Minimum 2-3 books for every student, Faculty as per their subject taught min 4, for SC ST/ Meritorious, and Physically Challenged Students-A Set of books for whole semester.
- When can I return the books of the Library?
Ans: Books once issued to the students, they have to return the books after completion of the semester examinations without fail.
- After returning the books to the library get NOC?
Ans: The dept. of Library will issue the No Dues Certificate to the students who have completely return the books so that students can easily get the Marks Cards, Study Certificates, and Service Certificates etc.
- What other facilties library provides?
Ans: Library provides maximum facility as essentially students are in a need. Reference service, books lending, career guidance, Referral service, Xerox facility for official purposes only.
- What covers in Periodicals service?
Ans: General magazines, News papers of Kannada and English Languages, Research journals of various subjects available in college etc. Employment news in Kannada and English.
- Does Library provide previous year question papers?
Ans: Library facilitates the previous year question papers of BA., B.Com., B.Sc., and BBA courses. It is also available in the college website: www.gfgcdwd.in
- Do I get an award if I score more marks by making use of library resources?
Ans: Yes sure, the college library is having an intension to motivate the readers for higher studies, research and career prospects. Every year on the eve of Dr. S R Ranganathan’s Birthday on 12 of August, Best Readers will be awarded.
- Do I get more books if I need?
Ans : Yes based on the availability of the books, library will issue max books to the students for their semester examination. Along with the reference books.
- Do I get membership in the 2nd or 3rd year of my degree, If I have not registered in the first year?
Ans: The students can borrow the books from library any time, but depends on the availability of the books only.
- Does the library provide an orientation for the new entrants or a new user?
Ans: Library organizes the orientation or induction program in the beginning of the semester, or while issuing of library books of every course.
- What is an OPAC and INFLIBNET?
Ans: OPAC=Online Public Access Catalogue, it is used for searching the required books available in the library, and INFLIBNET abbreviation is Information for Library Networks.
It is UGC sponsored free access to thousands of research related online journals available free of cost. This facility can be accessed through login id and password.