“Nahin Jnanena Sadrusham” -There is nothing powerful than knowledge
The Library “Jnanadhaare” has established along with the college on 24th June 2006 at an old building at Vidyabhavan campus near SBI Main branch beside. To feed the knowledge to the needy. The library has started giving the service to 64 students in the beginning; the Strength has come up to 2500 at present.
In the beginning, only 2-3 newspapers & limited Books were available in the library but as & when the govt. has sanctioned the budgets to the library for the procurement of books & other reading materials now the total books collection has reached 20,227.
2F & 12B
UGC- NAAC B GRADE (2.09 CGPA)
Explore the Universe of knowledge and bring together the knowledge commons for social development
- By facilitating the need-based information, the library aims to motivate the readers to come up in their life with better citizens of the society.
- Following Dr S R Ranganathan’s principles for supporting quality library services & management.
- Cultivating the skills of reading habits and creating an awareness regarding career choice opportunities.
- To make a better atmosphere of learning experiences to inculcate discipline, responsibility towards the society.
- Getting to know the importance of the library to the readers by displaying of information related to training programmes, scholarships, employment & career guidance, Higher education & fellowships.
- To stimulate the students by providing the need-based information and cultivating the reading habits to support them for better citizens of the nation.
FULLY AUTOMATED LIBRARY:
GFGC Library is fully been computerized and all day to day activities will be managed through library management software called E-Lib Library management software developed by Aargees Business Solutions Pvt Ltd. It is a multi user, multilingual and user-friendly with all circulations, periodicals, transactions, modules.
The college has formed a library committee for smooth and effective services of the library. The committee consists of principal, Librarian, all HOD’s and student’s representatives as office superintendent. The committee meeting will be held as and when the grant released by the govt. for the procurement process, students grievances and facilitating the needs of users.
TEAM OF LIBRARY:
Dr. Manjunath G Lamani librarian and Library Assistant Ms. Roopa B Y handling the entire activities of Library.